Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mentally Getting Ready for the Variety Show

I have been writing and rehearsing for the past couple of weeks to get ready for the Variety Show this Saturday. I am only performing three poems at this point with my friends, Angelic Strings, but in my heart it feels much bigger than a 10-minute performance. I usually am more comfortable doing things behind the scenes, but I am discovering that when I am creating, I love to share my talents with the world! Creating and sharing are easy, but it's the nervousness in my stomach I am trying to smooth out. I am a Virgo, so practicing, practicing, and more practicing is the solution. My mind believes in order and control by creating a habit of knowing the words inside and out. It is a method to fall back on, a way to go into auto-pilot in case I can't see the words in my head while up on stage. My hope is that the mouth will still keep spilling out the poetry in some form of beautiful design, even if my mind goes blank. Actually, my real hope is that I will get into the zone of the poems themselves and feel them come to life as I am up on stage. When I wrote them, they had a life of their own and performing expresses that life in a different way than on paper. I really enjoy creating with words and music as my inner artist comes alive! I'll let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. All in beautiful Divine design, it's gonna be a FUN time! It will be so awesome for you to shine your love and light with those who come out and we'll see the rippling effects from there~~~
    Love you! B

    ReplyDelete